Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fear

Yesterday, I wrote about my struggle to maintain a clean house.  Today's blog is about an even bigger issue with which I struggle:  fear.  I think that I just might be afraid of everything.  I am afraid of dying, afraid of living, afraid of pleasing the wrong people, afraid of displeasing the right people.........I could go on all day.  I am beginning to understand that many of my fears revolve around my desire to control the world in which I live.  I know that God does not want me to be afraid.  II Timothy 1:7 says "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."  I want God to live through me, and, clearly, living in fear is not going to accomplish that.  Today, I will do things that scare me, relying on the power and the spirit of God to shine in my life.  May others see Him.

1 comment: