Saturday, June 15, 2013

What's that smell?!

Some people take out the trash on a schedule:  "It's 7:30 AM on Monday--time to take out the garbage".  I take out the garbage when it begins to smell.  Even if the trash bin in less than half-full, I will find anything that I can possible throw away to fill it so that I can get it out of the house. 

I need to work on doing this mentally as often as I do it physically.  I have a lot of "junk thoughts" in my head, and I do not like to take the time to do anything about them.  As a result, they continue to recycle in my mind and cause trouble.  Doubts, fears and lies continuously churn until they grow so big that they affect my energy, emotions and choices.  I need to discipline myself to write a minimum of five minutes each day.  As much as I try to ignore or run from my thoughts, they never go away.  They just continue to grow and permeate, like garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment